Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday Random 10 (10/19/07) "The Airwaves Were Full of the Obvious"

1. Hercules by Midnight Oil (The Best of Midnight Oil)

"You know that we can't see in the dark. We try and we try and we try..."


2. Bad Day by R.E.M. (In Time: The Best of R.E.M. 1988 - 2003)

"Those ants in pants glances."


3. Get Real Paid by Beck (Midnight Vultures)

"I want to know if I'm worth your time..."


4. Sometime by King's X (Ear Candy)

"Sometime, I want to believe"


5. Pain Lies on the Riverside by Live (Awake: The Best of Live)

"And the guilt that hangs around your neck has got me locked up in a cage..."


6. We Know too Much by Michael Been (Strong Hand of Love: A Tribute To Mark Heard)

"I looked at my own silhouette. It looked back with a bad attitude."


7. Light My Fuse by Mike Knott (Strip Cycle)

"Tried to own the world and got into owing the world a lot."


8. Bartholomew Higgins by Poor Old Lu (Star Studded Super Step)

"if you want to see what I am saying focus then, on our decisions..."


9. Runaway Train by Vigilantes of Love (Welcome to Struggleville)

"...only two tracks take you out of here baby, now one will make you crazy one will make you sane..."


10. Life In The Factory by Drive-By Truckers (Southern Rock Opera)


"Let me tell ya'll a story so far fetched it must be true..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sinking South Pacific dreams...

Man, I love that "Hercules" tune.

Between you and me, our lists contain half of the songs from Species Deceases - though I see yours popped up from the best of disc.