Tuesday, October 02, 2007

100 Books, 100 Posts

So, I have seen around various blogs something called, 52 Books, 52 Weeks. It is basically a blog meme, that promotes reading by having the bloggers track their reading, and trying to read a book a week, 52 books in a year.

So, it gave me an idea.

I know I read at least a book a week, usually more. This isn't me bragging. Things in my life give me the opportunity to read a lot, including a job that lets me read during the slow times. If it wasn't for the local library, and used book stores, I'd probably go spend half my spending money on books.

So, starting now, I am going to try and track my books, here, with the goal of reading 100 books (From October 2007, to October 2008), and posting about them here. That's the biggy. Actually sitting down to do the posting.

Basically, I will be posting the book, a rating, and a review. Maybe not a huge review, but something that tells you about what I though of the book, plus links to overviews.

So, what would 100 Books entail.

A Day: .27 Books.
A Week: 1.92 Books
A Month: 8.33 Books

Now, knowing my reading habits, well, it will be a bit of a challenge. Some books I can read in a day, while others take me a week. So, to give me a head start, I will be including a book a just finished the other day, even though it was technically September. So, basically, I am starting off by cheating. It was a big book though.

Anyone who wants to join in, go ahead. I will link you up here. And, don't feel obliged to go with 100. Know your reading habits, and set you goals. Then keep us updated.

Also, in book related news. I have been working on my top 100 Post Apocalyptic Books List. Being that that is my favorite sub-genre of books, I thought it would be time to put it together. Right now, because I have condensed series into one entry, I have about 92 spots filled. I currently have 3 books in my To Be Read Pile, that, depending on how I like them, may find a way onto the list. Once I get enough books to post the list, I will make a detailed feature out of it. If anyone has any Post Apocalyptic books suggestions (especially off the beaten path, or indie books) let me know.

Books:
1. The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicles) by Patrick Rothfuss.
2. Watch on the Rhine (Die Wacht am Rhein) by Tom Kratman and John Ringo

No comments: