Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Ten Things That Annoyed Me Today

Let’s just say today was crazy. It was payday, and I like the influx of money, but I don’t like all the running around and errands I have to perform. So here are the top 10 things that annoyed me today.

10. The humidity, combined with the fact that the air-conditioner in my truck decided to make like a school kid and take a summer vacation.

9. The dude in the Cadillac who almost side swiped a Jeep merging onto 95 during rush hour traffic and then decided to give said Jeep and its passengers a one finger salute. Real classy!!

8. Realizing that the Phillies have reached their technical 10,000th all-time loss if you factor in the time when they were the Worcester Ruby Legs. Without that factor, the Phillies will still reach that plateau sometime next season.

7. My mother. I love her, but…. (I’ll leave it at that.)

6. Eating lunch at Uno’s, where the $5.99 lunch special rocks, but having top overhear about 10 conversations about “shark Attacks.” While I sympathize with the victims, I’m sick of hearing about them, and am getting annoyed with cute young blond surfer girl who has become a celebrity Shark bite victim. Isn’t there something else the news stations can cover?

5. Stupid people making the news for saying stupid things. This includes Ward Churchill calling for conscientious objectors in Iraq to frag their officers, and anything that Tom Cruise has said over the past, well, let’s say 10 years. It’s time for us to start promoting smart people for saying smart things.

4. The fact that the Presidential Address seems like the best thing on TV tonight. Unless you’re a big fan NBC’s reality shows, which are even worst then Fox’s. (CBS’s reality shows rule… in the fall.)

3. The combination of a malfunctioning traffic light on the corner of New Falls and Levittown Parkway and malfunctioning drivers who haven’t yet figured out the difference between a blinking red light and a blinking yellow light.

2. The clerks at Barnes and Noble who seem to enjoy having this exact conversation with me every time I buy a book there.

Clerk: Welcome to Barnes and Noble. Do you have your membership card?
Bob: Nope.
Clerk: Do you know about the membership program?
Bob: Yep
Clerk: You know, I see you in here all the time. You should really get the membership card.
(Bob’s Translation: You look like a sucker. You buy books. You should really give us $25 for the honor of paying just a little less on books.)
Bob: I’m cool.

1. That idiot who I almost hit because he decided to stop suddenly in quick moving traffic to let some dude pull out of a gas station, when there were no cars behind me which would have given the dude plenty of opportunity to pull out without a near collision.

What Made It All OK

Getting to hold little Matthew Antonio Reiss for a bit. He could care less about idiot drivers, obnoxious celebrities or Shark Attack stars.

No comments: